Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thai Marinated Chicken

Tonight I am doing something new with plain old chicken breast. I saw this recipe for Thai Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers on The Splendid Table's website. I've tweaked it a bit based on ingredients and equipment I had on hand.

The recipe calls for cardamom, which I did not have, so I used 1/2 cinnamon and 1/2 nutmeg. I swapped curry powder for curry paste, and used dried ginger instead of fresh.


I marinated the chopped chicken for about 30 minutes, squeezing on the chicken to incorporate the flavors better. 

(I am basically Martha Stewart when it comes to food photography. I'll work on that).


I was too much of a wimp to grill this chicken because it was freezing outside, so I pan fried it in vegetable oil instead. The final result was a bit sweet for my taste (possibly due to my method of cooking) so I added a handful of fresh, chopped cilantro to the chicken once it was cooked, and that balanced things nicely.





I served this with vegetables, but it would have been really good over rice.








Marinade ingredients


  • 1/4 c. soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 2 tbsp. oil
  • 1 tbsp. curry paste
  • 2 garlic clovesminced
  • 1 tsp. ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients and marinate chicken for 30 minutes to overnight. 

Pan fry chicken, don't overcrowd.

Add handful of fresh chopped cilantro once cooked. Serve. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment